For those suffering from heart problems or recovering from heart surgery, cardiac therapy is a service provided by Kenneth Rozenberg and our affiliates at the Centers for Specialty Care Group. Cardiac therapy can be provided while a loved one is being hospitalized or as part of an outpatient program.
The base program for cardiac therapy consists of exercise, which can assist a person to regain his former mobility as well as increase his overall health. Also included in this therapy are weight loss programs that will remove unhealthy foods from one’s diet and replace it with heart healthy foods. Obesity is a major factor in the development of heart problems so a change of diet is important. Our affiliates and staff will monitor and control each patient’s blood pressure to ensure his heart is doing well. Blood pressure monitoring can be tied to dietary considerations too.
Diabetes and stress also affect how a person’s heart functions which is why Kenneth Rozenberg and his staff will provide full support to manage these two factors. The various therapies we can provide can reduce the negative side effects while still attacking the problems straight on. Participation in cardiac therapy has the potential to reduce cardiac-related mortality rates.
While Kenneth Rozenberg’s staff at the Centers for Specialty Care Group have all the resources available to make your loved one’s stay in a nursing home comfortable, there are still things you can do to give your family member that extra bit of happiness. Here are some thoughts.
- Visit as often as you can. This is easily the most important on our list. It might be difficult because of your schedule, but the act of visiting and spending time with your elderly family member is very much appreciated and will go a long way.
- Call or write to them. But if you cannot visit as often as you can, a simple phone call or an old-fashioned letter written by you will have the same effect. If your loved one is unable to read, one of our nurses will gladly do it.
- Send them books, magazines, and activity books. Reading is not only entertaining, but will help keep their minds occupied. Doing crosswords and puzzles will improve their mental capabilities.
- When visiting, spend leisurely time with them. This can mean having a simple conversation, going out for a walk, or playing a game of checkers or chess. As long as you are around and spending quality time with them, they will be happy.
For more information on our nursing home facilities, contact Kenneth Rozenberg today.
Kenneth Rozenberg and the staff at the Centers for Specialty Care Group specialize in doing just that: offering the highest level of care and attention to your loved ones when they need it most. It is understandable how much effort and time it might take you to care for your loved one, and as much as you may want to, you might not be able to do it yourself. To do so requires a lot of time, which you may not have due to other responsibilities. And just as importantly, you may not have the required set of skills and knowledge to properly care for ill loved ones or those recovering from treatment; our affiliated organizations do.
At Kenneth Rozenberg and his staff’s disposal are rehabilitation centers, health care centers, and nursing homes in NYC, and any one of these are at your disposal should you and your loved one need it. Here are a few examples of what our health care centers can do for your family:
- Cardiac Therapy: A necessity for those with heart disease, we provide exercise, educational, and behavioral programs to care for them.
- Specialized Medical Diets: Patients’ dietary needs are taken into consideration when we create specialized diets to ensure they get the proper nutrition.
For more information, contact Kenneth Rozenberg today.
Also known as social care or domiciliary care, home health care is provided in the comforts of a patient’s own home. The health care professionals who provide this valuable service are commonly referred to as caregivers. The caregivers under the employ of Kenneth Rozenberg are well-trained and licensed professionals in their fields and provide health care services necessary to assist your loved ones as they rest and recover.
Home health care is typically provided to those who have just been released from the hospital, but can also be provided to those who are unable to perform activities they used to in the past. Such activities might include bathing, light housework, meal preparation, running errands, shopping, and getting dressed.
By providing such care in yours or your loved ones’ homes, they do not have to stay in nursing homes if they do not want to. While the Centers for Specialty Care Group’s nursing homes provide exceptional health care, Ken Rozenberg understands why you or your elderly loved ones would prefer to stay home and be cared for there; we want you and yours to rest easy at night knowing your loved one is resting in a place they are comfortable in and are fond of.
For more information on our home health care services, contact Kenneth Rozenberg today.
Kenneth Rozenberg and his staff are capable of providing your elderly or disabled loved one a home away from home. It is a place they can live in without feeling alienated or alone. Any one of our affiliated health care centers is capable of housing a number of residents comfortably as they get their lives back to a sense of normalcy.
But the Centers for Specialty Care Group is more than a simple place your loved ones can rest and recover in. Our affiliated health centers provide a number of services that truly make our nursing homes welcoming to both residents and guests who walk in. Such services include cardiac therapy, physical therapy, respiratory therapy/management, and recreational therapy. It is vital for all concerned that your loved one be provided with the attentive care, health care services, and support to ease them through a time of difficulty. We understand that your number one concern is your loved one’s overall health, which is why we tailor our services to theirs in order to best assist them when they require it.
Your loved one deserves more than a place to live; they deserve health care services that will assist them in regaining their independence. For more information, contact Ken Rozenberg today.
Comfort and continued well-being of your elderly or disabled loved ones is of the utmost importance for you. Kenneth Rozenberg and his staff understand this, which is why our affiliates offer a number of healthcare services that will allow your loved one to become more active and regain their independence. Besides services like physical therapy and cardiac therapy, we offer an additional non-medical related service that adds to your own piece of mind.
For you, we offer medical shuttle and transportation vans to and from our affiliated facilities. Sometimes driving back and forth to visit your loved ones often is very hard to do and even impossible, which is why we offer safe and reliable shuttle services to transport you. Each driver is an experienced professional who is courteous and considerate of your needs. There is no need to wait for barely reliable public transportation services or waste time trying to find a parking spot; just give us a call and we will be there for you.
Ready and easy access to your loved one is something that cannot be ignored which is why as part of our health care services we offer transportation to you.
For more on our services, contact Ken Rozenberg today.
Kenneth Rozenberg and the Centers for Specialty Care Group Network of Providers offer a number of valuable services to its residents living in nursing homes in New York. All over the city our affiliates provide exceptional care and compassion to your loved ones when they need it. Here is short list of services Ken Rozenberg and his staff provide:
- Occupational therapy. Specialized therapists work with residents with mental, physical, and developmental disabilities to assist them in recovering and maintaining their normal lives.
- Medical nutrition therapy. An important part of essential health care, certain individuals with illnesses and conditions require specific diets in order to improve the quality of their health and life.
- Pain management services. Individuals recovering from surgery or a medical condition may suffer from pain, and these services help residents deal with pain to ease them back into their comfortable, daily lives.
- Respiratory therapy and management. Those suffering from respiratory illnesses and conditions from a simple cold to other ailments require therapy to better improve overall respiratory health.
- Speech therapy. Being unable to communicate properly is something we and our affiliates can treat with specialized speech therapy. Residents who have suffered a stroke or other medical condition will find speech therapy valuable.
For more information on other health care services, contact Ken Rozenberg today.
The Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation and Residential Healthcare can be found in the heart of Brooklyn in Midwood. Our facility can comfortably house 215 residents as they take the steps necessary to rehabilitate and return to their normal lives. The size of our nursing home allows us to provide special attention to each guest, while still giving them an open, nurturing environment.
Our nurses and caretakers offer intensive occupational therapy and physical therapy services that will ensure the continued health and well-being of your loved ones.
Such services include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Post Surgical Orthopedic Care
- Comfort Care & Palliative Care
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Beautician & Barber Services
- Physician Services
These services are but a few we provide to each one of our residents. We not only assist our residents in recovering their normal lives, but also assist them in developing skills that maintain their independence.
While many find it difficult to properly care for the elderly, we understand. Our nurses and therapists in Brooklyn are the best in the country. They provide genuine care for the patient’s physical and emotional needs in a warm, relaxed and refined ambiance.
For more information on nursing homes, contact Kenneth Rozenberg today.
Health care is of the utmost importance to many people, especially the elderly and their relatives. As people grow older, they are going to need the medical attention and care necessary to make them feel comfortable and happy. Kenneth Rozenberg and his professional staff at the Center for Specialty Care have what it takes to make that not only a possibility, but a certainty. This is the type of guarantee you should get when it comes to your loved ones.
Kenneth Rozenberg and the staff at Centers for Specialty Care are leading practitioners of health care in many facets of medicine, personal care, and treatment. For example, for those just recovering from accidents or major surgery, we offer physical therapy that is customized for each individual patient’s needs. This service promotes ease of movement, the reduction of pain, and restoration of function to anyone with a disability. We also offer recreational therapy, which promotes the rehabilitation and remediation of patients. This program allows our patients to improve themselves as well as restore independence.
The Centers for Specialty Care and Kenneth Rozenberg understand patients who need assistance should be given the best health care options and services possible and that is why we offer the services we do.
Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years and its benefits include better posture, increases in respiratory and cardiovascular systems, a better range of motion for joints and muscles, and a host of other health improvements. While you may think of yoga exercises as complicated movements you may not be able to do, this is not entirely true. There are simple exercises anyone can do in the comforts of their own home. Here are a few:
- Mountain Pose. You basically stand upright with your feet together and your back straight; your body is totally aligned. What it does is engage the muscles of your legs and allows you to improve your posture.
- Staff Pose. This is the seated version of the Mounted Pose. When you are seated fully extend your legs and flex your feet to keep the toes up. Keep your hands at your side with your palms on the floor. If you cannot do that, you can also bend your arms.
- Raised Arms Pose. You can perform this exercise from the Mounted Pose. Simply bring your arms straight up over your head and bring your palms together. But be sure to keep your feet entirely flat on the ground. To keep your head and neck comfortable you can look up at your hands.
For more information on how to stay fit and healthy, contact Kenneth Rozenberg today.